Sunday, April 4, 2010

WonderCon Day Two

After five years, we sold out The Lone and Level Sands!

Archaia was giving away the pamphlet comics and selling the hardbacks as "buy one, get one free." I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not. In some respects its good, as it clears costs to future projects. I can see where it may make some business sense. And if it gets my stuff out into people's hands, that's a good thing too. But it suggests that not all of their product is well selected, and given the delays in getting some of the legacy books out, they may see it that way.

I've seen it before though, with Malibu, where the company moved on and didn't take me with it. Could be happening here, although everyone is nice as pie when I show up.

Good crowds at WonderCon. The whole con thing, and geek culture is certainly growing. I love them, I have ancient roots in cons, comics, science fiction, even with my dislikes. To lean back and gaze at the ungainly folk in weird costumes and think, "My people. These are my people." So sad. But its seems to be an unassailable part of who I am, and where I came from.

And once again, after the con, it was work. Eight hours on my feet in a busy cafe, pouring drinks and ringing the register. I'm too old for this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment