Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time to Pay Attention

If I'm to do this, I should pay attention to it. I'd thought, in coming to Idaho, I'd post about the last book I read, and I brought it with to have it available. I will get to it, I like to post comments about what I've read, and this book made an impression. But not yet. I'll post again.

What's like in Idaho? Less attractive than I had expected. I thought it would be hillier and more trees. Its flat, high desert. Its isolating as well. I work "with" other techs, but we work individually, and only communicate for reasons of work. No socializing.

I have work to do, outside of the work I'm here for. I"ve some comics projects and I'm pleased that I have managed to pencil 9 pages of a 22 page story in the first ten days. If I push, I may have it penciled when I go home at the end of the month. I also wrote a story, and found a publisher and artist for it in a matter of a few days.

I'm about finished with my first book, and have a second larger one to get started with. We will be going from four to one tech in a matter of a few weeks. Or maybe not. There will be others coming and I may not be alone long. But if I am, that's fine.

Getting to the gym regularly as well and I had a nice weekend with some in-laws. I'm learning my way around the town. I need to get out into the country sometime as well.

And now finding time to post. Things get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment