Monday, August 23, 2010

Digital Comics Apps

Trying to figure this digital app thing for comics out.

I got an iTunes account. Looks like that may be worthless. But I don't have any kind of iDevice, nor even a smart phone and the comics apps I downloaded don't work on my computer, so...

I signed up with Graphic.ly which my publisher Archaia seems to be going with... the two free comics I downloaded were garbage, but they were from Top Cow, so that's to be expected from my perspective. Not that I have any personal problem with Top Cow but I'm just not their target audience.

There's also Panelfly and Comixology to investigate. It would be good if I could get my hands on an app itself and figure out how to import comics to it. If an app is affordable, it seems like a pretty good way to self-publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment